User permissions note: Only Group Admin users can access this feature
To upload your stock data to Community Insight you must upload a CSV file (not an Excel file) where the first row contains the headers.
There are three columns which are required for all uploads:
- Column A must contain Unique Property Reference Number (UPRN) and the first cell must have the header UPRN
- Column B must contain postcodes and the first cell must have the header Postcode
- Column C contains the stocks types (of which you cannot have more than 30) and the first cell must have the header “stock type” even if you are not assigning any stock types
How to add and format your metadata
If you want to add metadata to your stock properties, then you can use Columns D,E,F,G and H to input that information;
- The first cell of each new column will act as a label where you can describe the information you will be adding
- Each line can include information for some, all, or none of these fields
- For each line, you can then add unique information relating to that stock. This is a free text field with a maximum of 250 characters
Please note: If you use the Organisations feature, then that data must go in column D and the stock metadata in the preceding columns E,F,G,H and J. For more information read using the Organisations feature.