If you are experiencing difficulties when uploading your stock have a look at the below list of common issues.
- You must upload a CSV file and not an Excel file. For information on creating CSV files check out this article:
- My stock information is in an Excel file, how do I turn it into a CSV?
- Typos and case sensitivity in your stock types will create additional stock types. For example, if you have some stock types labelled "Rented" and others "rented" then Community Insight will create two different stock types
- If you receive an error message saying that certain postcodes have failed. This could be caused by a typo or because the postcode is new. See article on new postcodes:
- Unmatched postcodes when uploading stock
- The columns must be ordered in the right format and cannot be customised (see image below). For more guidance on this, check out the below article on formatting your CSV correctly:
- How to format your CSV file