User permissions note: Only Group Admin users can access this feature
To upload your stock data into Community Insight you will need to have the data formatted correctly and saved as a CSV. Before you upload your file we recommend that you download the details of your existing stock and save a copy in case you want to revert back to that version.
Firstly, click Group Admin > Manage Stock
If you already have stock data uploaded to your group this will show at the top of the page with the option to Download details of your stock. If you have no stock uploaded then you can download the empty template.
- Download the template file to begin; this will contain your current stock if you have imported any
- Colum A must have the header “UPRN”
- Column B must have the header “Postcode”, here is where you list your postcodes, there is no limit on the number of postcodes you can upload
More information on UPRNs
- The UPRN is a Unique Property Reference Number
- Each row of data must have a different UPRN, even if they are the same postcode. The UPRN must be unique for each row of data
- If your organisation does not use UPRNS, then you can leave the column blank and Community Insight will assign each of your stock a UPRN
- When you download a list of all your stock, you will see these in the first column.
Using Stock types and Organisations
If you are uploading the location of stock and want to assign stock types and Organisation you can add two extra columns after the UPRN and Postcode columns.
- Column C must have the header “Stock type”, here is where you categorise your stock into types (such as General Needs, Supported Housing etc.). These are defined by you and there is a limit of up to 30 different stock types.
- Column D must have the header "Organisation" this column can be used to signify if certain stock is managed by different organisations or departments within your group. Read more about Organisations
Here is an example of what an upload should look like:
Upload the file
When you are ready to upload your file, check that it is saved as a CSV, select it and upload.
Please note: Uploading new stock will remove and replace all of your existing stock and reset your stock types. All icons will revert back to the default icons and stock type descriptions will be removed.
Once this has uploaded you will receive the below message and you can then view your stock on the map.